Few Things You Can Do Are So Worthwhile
It can be as simple as taking a few herb tablets.
[Make sure you check out Drs. Mercola and Yu's Ultimate Chemical, Heavy Metal Detox.]
THIS IS a favorite topic of mine. Part of my health philosophy posits that it’s less than optimal to add a bunch of new healthy foods and supplements to your diet without first, or concurrently, cleansing your system.
If your organs and blood are already taxed with toxins, clean them before asking them to absorb the new, good stuff.
If you’re a fish eater, know that certain fish like swordfish and tuna – the predators – often have high mercury counts in their flesh and should be avoided. (See the video below, and test yourself here)
There’s a long list of excellent supplements/cleansers you can take — here are some of mine used over the years:
Nature’s Secret Ultimate Cleanse really does a super job with its cleansing products. The one I’ve most used is also about the simplest cleanse you can do, even simpler than the Total Body Cleanse listed above (although perhaps less effective), for it requires no dietary measures, special drinks or fasting. Instead, all you do is take one of two different herb combination tablets in the morning and evening. The dosage is increased as needed. If you’re resistant to cleansing, this is a no-brainer way to go that really should make you feel better.
Milk Thistle Complex This is a widely accepted, standard and effective detoxifier of the liver, our most important detoxifying organ.
Reduced L-Glutathione A potent detoxifier, antioxidant, and immune booster. There are few substances in your body that match the importance of glutathione to maintaining your overall good health and well being. It is the body’s most potent natural antioxidant and detoxifier. In fact, mercury — an extremely poisonous chemical in all of us — can only be excreted when bound with glutathione. Glutathione neutralizes harmful free radicals, flushes away toxins, supports cell health and integrity, and strengthens immune system activity.
Pro-Dophilus With FOS Many people are unaware of the startling link between our body’s intestinal flora and good health. Good or “friendly” bacteria are absolutely necessary for the health of your gastrointestinal tract and urinary tract. They maintain healthy yeast levels, help digest food and assist in the production of B vitamins.
Aloe Vera Juice I love this stuff. Yes, it reputedly is great for the immune system as well as other body functions. It also helps with the absorption of vitamin and herbal supplementation. But the fastest thing you’ll notice is how smoothly and cleanly will be your bowl movements. Simple pleasures!
Watch this video about mercury in fish:
A Detox Bath Works Wonders!
This detox bath will make you feel tingly and good, but you must follow directions.
1. Fill up a tub with hot water.
2. If you have a window in the bathroom, crack it a bit.
3. Pour 1 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of sea salt and 1 heaping tablespoon of ginger powder* into the tub.
4. Fetch a big glass of purified water (over 8 oz if available) and mix in trace minerals if you have them (if not, no worries).
5. Grab your loofah (skin brush sponge-thingie).
Now, do this:
1. Take btwn 250 and 500 milligrams of regular Niacin** and wait for the flush.***
2. Swirl around the water mixture… add more hot water if needed.
2. Get in the tub.
3. Soak a bit and then scrub yourself from head to toe with the loofah (no soap).
4. Rest and repeat the scrubbing three times… stay in the tub for at least 20 minutes.
5. Take a shower and scrub head to toe with soap and the loofah, rinse and shine.
* Be careful with the ginger powder as it can “burn” if too much is used, particularly in sensitive areas of the body. I suggest you start with 1 tablespoon and add when ready. If the amount you use does not produce some heat (other than temperature) in the tub, add more.
** Niacin comes in two forms (that I know about): the stuff that allows the capillaries in your skin to be flushed with blood (which can feel uncomfortable, like a sunburn), or non-flush. You want the flush kind, such as Solgar Niacin. Be careful with the amount, because the flushing can be uncomfortable (although the detox bath alleviates this quite a bit). 250 milligrams may be too much on an empty stomach. I use 500 milligrams, but I’m accustomed to this craziness.
*** Have I said enough about “flushing”? If you don’t like the feeling of being sunburned, be careful with the amount of Niacin you take (see above). Same thing with the ginger powder (see above).
Just as with the descriptive statements made at the various company sites that manufacture and/or sell the supplement products presented in this blog, none, or nearly none, of the potential benefits stated here have been evaluated by the FDA. Likewise none, or nearly none, of the products here can be represented to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Before engaging a supplement program, it always makes sense to get the advice of your health practitioner.
Published on August 17, 2009